Mental Health Skill-building Services (MHSS) is an intensive, home-based service that is designed to assist the client in obtaining independence or stability within the community. MHSS is available for adults who have long-term mental health needs, cognitive deficiencies or dual diagnoses.
Our MHSS program focuses on 5 core competencies to promote independent living while managing mental health symptoms and needs.
- Mental Health
- Money Management
- Self-Care & Daily Living
- Personal Development
- Comprehensive needs assessment & diagnosis
- Evaluation of mental health needs
- Skills-training and psycho-education and to improve independent living
- Assistance with accessing & navigating community resources
- Individualized treatment plans tailored to specific identified needs
- Coordination of services between healthcare and treatment team members
Who is eligible?
- Adults who demonstrate significant concerns in major life activities due to a mental, behavioral or emotional illness.
- Adults who require individualized training in acquiring basic living skills, such as symptom management, adherence to medication schedules, development and appropriate use of social skills and personal support system, personal hygiene, food preparation, or money management.
- Virginia Medicaid Plans (all):
- Aetna Better Health of VA
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Molina Complete Care
- Optima Health
- UHC Community Plan
- Virginia Premier
- VA Medicaid (no MCO)
- CSA funding