Our Connections ABA Therapy program provides collaborative and individualized Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children and adolescents under the age of 21 who demonstrate significant impairment in adaptive functioning that is related to a current psychiatric diagnosis, such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Children that would benefit from this program generally present with the following behaviors:
- Communication difficulties such as delay in, or total lack of, spoken language; impairment in the ability to initiate or sustain a conversation;
- Social skills deficits such as difficulties in developing age-appropriate peer relationships, impairment in the use of non-verbal behaviors such as eye contact and gestures to regulate social interaction;
- Intense behavioral outbursts, unsafe behaviors or elopement;
- Disruptive, obsessive, repetitive, or ritualized behaviors;
- Difficulty with sensory integration.
The main goals of this program are to:
- Improve the child’s adaptive behaviors;
- Train caregivers to successfully implement and sustain behavior interventions in the home and community;
- Care coordination with other service providers to integrate and maintain behavior treatment plans.
ABA therapy is individualized and tailored to your child’s needs. Services are provided in the home and community where the targeted behaviors are likely to occur. When clinically appropriate, services may be delivered in the clinic setting.
Clinic services are typically designed to help with the following needs:
- Reducing distractions and interruptions, which may improve skill acquisition;
- A more clinically appropriate space for learning;
- A high level of skill acquisition (early learners);
- Interventions that require a sanitized environment;
- Generalization of skills to the community;
- Opportunities for socialization in a controlled setting.
- Virginia Medicaid Plans:
- Aetna Better Health of VA
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Molina Complete Care
- Optima Health
- UHC Community Plan
- Virginia Premier
- VA Medicaid (no MCO)
- CSA funding