Community Stabilization services offer immediate access to quality therapeutic care and support during a crisis. Community Stabilization is a home and community-based service that provides brief mental health support to promote client stabilization and crisis management in the home or other appropriate settings.
The purpose of Community Stabilization services is to assist and support those who are currently experiencing a mental health crisis with the goal of preventing:
- Higher-level Therapeutic Interventions
- A Significant decline in daily functioning
- Psychiatric Hospitalization
- Criminal Detainment
- Comprehensive needs assessment & diagnosis
- Crisis response and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Individualized treatment plans that address identified needs
- Assistance with accessing and navigating community resources
- Advocacy within the medical, social service and psychiatric systems
Who is Eligible?
Individuals of all ages who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Virginia Medicaid Plans (all):
- Aetna Better Health of VA
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Molina Complete Care
- Optima Health
- UHC Community Plan
- Virginia Premier
- VA Medicaid (no MCO)
- CSA funding