Resident in Counseling // Supervisee in Social Work
Compass Behavioral Solutions is looking for professionals seeking a comprehensive residency experience as they pursue Virginia State Licensure as an LPC or LCSW. Ideal candidates are interested in providing high-quality community and office-based services to children, adolescents, and their families and have a desire to effect meaningful and long-lasting change through evidence-based practices and data-driven evaluation.
As one of the largest and most respected providers of behavioral and mental health services in Virginia, Compass offers the security of an established, thriving company; a supportive, team-oriented work environment; and a culture of continual self-improvement and mutual accountability. We are committed to excellence, not just in our clients’ outcomes, but in ourselves and one another.
Compass offers a unique residency experience for our Residents in Counseling/Supervisees in Social Work as compared to the typical opportunities in Virginia. Compass is invested in providing an opportunity to explore and learn the how and why we provide the services that we offer. Residents/Supervisees in this program will learn more about themselves and grow as skilled clinicians as they dive into ethical standards, clinical theories, appropriate writing and working with a diverse clientele. Compass wants to grow the network of mental health providers in VA by preparing our residents/supervisees to not only join that network at the end of their two-year residency but to join with the ethical and clinical knowledge and experience to be a stellar addition to Virginia’s mental health profession.
As a Resident/Supervisee with Compass, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial and diagnostic assessments for those seeking community-based services in collaboration with the supervising LPC/LCSW.
- Provide outpatient counseling services to children, adolescents, and families with a wide range of diagnoses.
- Provide intensive in-home and community stabilization services including assessment, crisis intervention, skills restoration, treatment planning, individual and family therapy, and care coordination for youth at risk for out-of-home placement.
- Build your professional networks by learning about and engaging with multiple systems of care in Virginia.
Compass is an enriching and supportive environment, with a focus on in-depth training and supervision. Residents/Supervisees will:
- Participate in new hire and ongoing clinical trainings
- Join in group and individual clinical supervision that focuses on a holistic approach integrating evidence-based psychotherapeutic strategies.
- Use video recording as a way to provide in-depth supervision and training that fosters continued growth.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of licensed professionals.
Education, Experience & Other Requirements:
- Education: Must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited program with goal of becoming licensed as an LPC/LCSW.
- Requirements: Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Why choose Compass:
- Free Licensure supervision (no employment contract required)
- Supportive environment
- Extensive training and clinical supervision
- Competitive reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee bonuses
- Mileage, phone, and therapeutic supplies reimbursement
- Reimbursement for non-billable activities (drive time, documentation, training)
Benefits for full-time residents/supervisees include:
- Paid Time Off
- Company iPad
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with employer match
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account