ABA Behavior Technician | Lynchburg
Are you interested in growing in a fulfilling career where you can make a difference in the lives of children and families in your area?
If so, a career in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) may be for you. This growing field offers numerous opportunities for advancement at both the bachelor’s and master’s levels. Professionals in this field are in high demand and have the exciting opportunity to impact children and families through evidence-based treatment.
At Compass Behavioral Solutions, we provide home-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children with autism spectrum disorder or other neurodevelopmental disorders as well as family support and training to their caregivers. We are one of the largest providers of behavioral services in Virginia and offer the security of an established, thriving company; a supportive, team-oriented work environment; and a culture of continual self-improvement and mutual accountability. We are committed to excellence, not just in our clients’ outcomes, but in ourselves and one another.
No certifications are required to work as a clinician in our program. Those completing coursework and accruing clinical hours toward becoming a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) or a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) can participate in our student training program and then move into our supervisor training program following board certification.
As an ABA Behavior Technician in our program, you will:
- Provide 1:1 home-based ABA services for youth under the age of 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other developmental disabilities.
- Support client’s caregivers through a variety of methods.
- Participate in trainings and clinical supervision that focus on a holistic approach integrating ABA with other effective therapeutic strategies.
- Utilize videotaping as a way to provide in-depth supervision and training that fosters continued growth.
- Work with Board Certified Behavior Analysts to maximize effectiveness of interventions as delineated in client’s treatment plans.
- Work with Licensed Clinical Psychologist to provide effective family support.
- Document each session through clinical notes and data collection.
Education, Experience & Other Requirements for an ABA Behavior Technician:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field (e.g., Education, Special Education, Child Development, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work) and/or experience in fields of child development, human services, mental health, special education.
- Required: High school diploma.
- Required: Valid driver’s license.
Why choose Compass as an ABA Behavior Technician:
- Enriching and supportive environment for all employees.
- Regular individual supervision in the office with additional on-site supervision in homes.
- Extensive new hire training program and ongoing clinical skill development.
- Company-issued iPads and use of proprietary electronic practice management and data collection system.
- Clinical supervision toward BCBA or BCaBA and opportunity to participate in student training program.
- RBT supervision.
- Competitive reimbursement including reimbursement for indirect activities such as documentation, drive time, and supervision.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Employee bonuses.
- Mileage, phone, and therapeutic supplies reimbursement.
Benefits for full-time ABA behavior technicians (minimum of 105 hours per month) include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off