Connections provides home-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for children and adolescents under the age of 21, who demonstrate significant impairment in adaptive functioning that is related to either developmental delays or other health conditions. Connections is not a diagnosis-specific program and children with other disorders who exhibit communication and social skills deficits in combination with maladaptive behaviors may qualify for services.
Children that would benefit from this program generally present with the following behaviors:
- Communication difficulties such as a delay in, or total lack of, spoken language; impairment in the ability to initiate or sustain a conversation
- Social skills deficits such as difficulties in developing age-appropriate peer relationships, impairment in the use of non-verbal behaviors such as eye contact and gestures to regulate social interaction
- Aggressive, disruptive, unsafe behaviors or elopement
- Significant delays in the activities of daily living including a lack of age-appropriate bathing, eating, dressing and toileting skills
The main goals of this program are to:
- Improve the child’s adaptive behaviors
- Train and support families and caregivers to successfully to use and maintain behavior interventions in the home
- Coordinate with other service providers (occupational therapist, speech therapist, pediatrician, PCP, and schools) in order to integrate and maintain behavior treatment plans.
- Sessions can be structured in different ways and can range from individual sessions with the child, family sessions and sessions with the parent and child
- Session hours are tailored to the child’s specific and clinical needs
- Our staff has extensive experience providing ABA in the home and receives comprehensive training and supervision in family support, autism-specific concerns, and behavioral interventions.
Virginia Medicaid | CSA Funding | Self-Pay
Compass serves in 14 locations throughout Virginia:
Central: Charlottesville // Lynchburg // N. Richmond // S. Richmond
Northern: Fredericksburg // Culpeper // NOVA // Loudoun
Western: Staunton // Harrisonburg // Rockbridge // Roanoke // New River Valley